LPU NEST which stands for Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test is and entrance exam. It is conducted for admissions into various different courses like B.Tech, Design, Law, Applied Medical Science, Hotel Management, Agriculture and MBA in Lovely Professional University (LPU). Statistically speaking, LPU is the fifth largest entrance exam in India. It can be conducted multiple times a year. Both the undergraduates and postgraduates can appear for LPU NEST.
LPU NEST 2020 Important Dates
Candidates need to know the schedule of events that will take place in the process of examination in order to prepare their best. Given below is the tentatively calculated schedule based on the schedule for LPU NEST conducted in the previous year. Candidates are advised to check the schedule of LPU NEST 2020 on the official website.
|Application end date||4th week of Apr 2020|
|Examination||02nd to Last week of the Apr 2020|
|Result||1st week of May 2020|
|Counseling||To be announced|
LPU NEST 2020 Application Form
There are two modes to fill the application form for eligible candidates.
Offline application form –
- Candidates need to fill out the application form manually and then submit it at the campus office.
Online application form –
- Candidates need to visit the official website for LPU NEST.
- Click on the link shown for LPU NEST 2020 Application Form.
- The necessary details need to be filled by the candidates.
- After filling out the application form, candidates should click on the submit button.
- The payment process has to be done by filling out the payment details.
- After payment is made, candidates need to give their personal details, academic qualification details and exam details.
- Before clicking on the submit button, candidates should recheck the filled out application form as no corrections will be made after submitting the form.
LPU NEST 2020 Application Form Fee
Boys will have to pay Rs 700 and girls will have to pay Rs 400 for the application fees.
The payment mode according to application process mode is given below.
|Application Process Mode||Fee Payment Mode|
|Offline Application||At the Campus Office|
|Online Application||Net banking / Debit card / Credit card|
LPU NEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality – Online Indian citizens are allowed to apply for LPU NEST (B. Tech).
- Qualifying Examination – Applicants appearing for LPUNEST (B.Tech.) must have completed or shall be appearing in final examination of 10+2 from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE, New Delhi) or State Board or any other Council, Institution, college etc. declared recognised by Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi or any other concerned apex body as applicable.
- Qualifying Marks – Candidates must have passed the qualifying exam with aggregate 60% marks.
LPU NEST 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates need to know the pattern of Examination in order to plan how to study according to the types of questions asked in the exam, duration of exam, marking scheme and the distribution of marks based on subjects.
|Type of questions||MCQ|
|Negative marking||No negative marking.|
|Duration of exam||150 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes)|
LPU NEST 2020 Paper Pattern
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks per Question||Maximum Marks per subject|
LPU NEST 2020 Admit Card
Candidates have to carry the admit card for LPU NEST along with a valid ID proof to the exam center in order to be allowed to appear for LPU NEST. Candidates need to download the copy admit card from the official website of LPU NEST by logging in to their accounts with valid credentials.
LPU NEST 2020 Result
Results will be released for different courses based on the marks scored by the candidates in LPU NEST. A rank list will be released along with the results as it will be required for counseling procedure. Candidates have to log in with their username and password on the official website for LPU NEST in order to check and download their results.
LPU NEST 2020 Counselling
In the counseling and seat allotment process, only the shortlisted candidates will be allowed. The counseling session will be conducted online. Candidates have to select five (5) preferred choices in that online counseling session. Seat allotment will be done based on ranks obtained by the candidates and their filled choices. After the seat allotment process, candidates will need to download their letter of seat allotment and an initial payment of Rs. 10,000 will have to be deposited in order to confirm their seat. Candidates need to carry original as well as photocopies of the required documents as per given instructions for the candidate verification process at the time of counseling procedure.